New Zealand's South Island "West Coast" is a great place to further your career. The work is as varied as the scenery, which attracts visitors year round from all over the world. On your doorstep is the landscape others pay tens of thousands to experience. It's all yours on the coast, along with top rate professional development opportunities, colleagues who share the straight-shooting no nonsense approach of the locals, and a community that truly values its health workers. The Coast's national parks offer some of the most sought after walking, tramping and hiking on the planet not to mention the pristine lakes & glaciers right next door.
If you have the love of the "Adventurous Outdoors".....then you'll be in your element with some of the worlds best Fly Fishing, bush walking / tramping, kayaking, caving, jet boating and horse-riding taking in the breathtaking stunning backdrop of snow covered mountain ranges and rainforest, Skydiving, Heliskiing & Across Country Quad Biking are just some of the other activities that Coasters & Tourists enjoy in their down time. Eclectic cafes, restaurants and bars, quirky festivals and an arty and interesting community make this a great spot for those looking to escape the craziness of the city and try life at a different pace
Having expanded from a single to a two-doctor service, this beautiful west coast practice are seeking a vocationally trained or in-training General Practitioner with an interest in rural and remote medicine to supplement this Practice. This less than full-time but well remunerated position is structured to allow full participation in the outstanding recreational opportunities within this facility or elsewhere.
The Practice covers 250 kms of coastal strip between the Tasman Sea and the Southern Alps most of which is a World Heritage National Park.Five clinics through the area are led by Rural Nurse Specialists supported by the visiting General Practitioners based in this particular clinic.
• Happy to work in a remote / rural environment
• Registered as a Medical Practitioner with the Medical Council of New Zealand, or ideally have Vocational Registration in New Zealand or be eligible for the same.
• Experience as a General Practitioner, Family Medicine or Primary Care
They can also offer you specialised training in:
• ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support
• PRIME Trained Emergency and Trauma Management
• PALS - Paediatric Advance Life Support
• Included in the salary package, based on the MECA scale ($131,000 - $206,000), is provision of a house and a car for practice use.
• 0.75 FTE (low on-call commitment and low administration)
• Clientele include the farming communities, visitors and adventure tourists plus the tourist service industry.
• Negotiable hours of work
• Highly supportive team with nurses and community workers working alongside them
• Duties include clinics in the five centres with telephone or in-person second-call back up to the Nurses, who take first call.
We can assist Family Physicians (GPs), Emergency Medicine and Urgent Care Physicians who hold primary qualifications from or have recently worked in Australia, New Zealand, the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Holland, Belgium, Denmark, France, Austria, Czech Republic, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Norway, Singapore, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
We have many quality unadvertised vacancies throughout New Zealand & Australia for General Practitioners/Urgent Care Physicians (GPs) and other medical specialties.
How to apply
To discuss the above role or any of our exciting range of career opportunities for GPs in New Zealand please contact Emer Moloney (Business Manager for GP Medical Appointments in complete confidence on:
Ph: +61 2 9957 1166
E/M - email@example.com
Please apply by clicking through the APPLY HERE button below.
Check out our website for other roles also at...